The Kutztown Community Fire Company is a 100% Volunteer Fire Company
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PayPal, and how is Kutztown Community Fire Company using it to enable online donations?
- PayPal allows us to collect donations from a button on our website or an email link. It is a low cost way for us to make it convenient for you to keep your pledge up-to-date, or, perhaps, send a donation when our fund drive is not actively being mailed out.
- Why did you choose PayPal?
It is the most widely-used donation provider and we have confidence in its reliability. Also, it is inexpensive. In fact, we do not pay anything unless someone donates, and then PayPal retains a percentage of the donation as a transaction fee.
- Will the information I provide be kept private?
- Do I have to have a PayPal account?
No. Look for the button that allows you to choose to use a major credit card (American Express, VISA, etc.) You can use one of them without ever signing up for PayPal.
- How secure is online giving/payments?
PayPal is a secure way to make a payment with your credit or debit card because this information is only processed on PayPal’s secure system. The Kutztown Community Fire Company never sees or has access to your credit card or bank account information. For a more comprehensive information see PayPal’s security overview.
- Is there any charge or fee to me for this service?
No. You select the dollar amount for your gift or payment. That is the dollar amount that will be charged and your entire donation is tax deductible. The Kutztown Community Fire Company pays a nominal fee to PayPal for the convenience and security of the service.
- Does 100% of my gift go to Kutztown Community Fire Co?
If you give via cash or check then Yes but, if you use the online service provided by PayPal then No. With every single donation, PayPal will take 2.9% plus $0.30 of that donation as a processing fee. For instance if $100 is given, PayPal will take $2.90 plus $0.30 to pay for their processing. Kutztown Community Fire would receive $96.80 of the original $100.
- Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. As tax a exempt organization, The Kutztown Community Fire Company is qualified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to receive contributions from donors. Donors, in turn, may be able to deduct their contributions to The Kutztown Community Fire Company on their income tax return.
Donate to us by pressing the "Donate" button below.